My sister Judy, who is one of the most organized women I’ve ever known, just contacted me for my Christmas Wish List for this year. Every year she collects all the wish lists from everyone in the family and compiles them into one big spreadsheet of wish lists, then distributes that list far and wide to whoever might want to give one of us a gift. Sometimes it’s fun seeing how things have changed over the course of a year. Last year my wish list was:
- A swarm of bees or rabbit from Heifer International, http://www.heifer.org
- Coffee grinder
- Small weather radio.
- Blue or periwinkle moonbeam clock from L.L. Bean
- Vintage rhinestones (get Leila’s opinion if needed)
- Train tickets between Dayton and Milwaukee
- Silly Disney Princess stuff – esp. Snow White
- Gift cards for Target, Meijer, Cafepress.com, spreadshirt.com, zappos.com
- Naomi Novik
- Any volume of the Navarre Study Bible
- A Chicago Style Manual
- W.T. Cavanaugh, Torture and Eucharist
- Edith Stein, Finite and Eternal Being
- Berkman, Contemplating Edith Stein
- A. McKendrick, On Film Making
- Wendy Shalit, A Return To Modesty
- Kerouac, A Book of Sketches
- A good dictionary
This year my list is:
- Swarm of bees, rabbit, or flock of geese from Heifer International, http://www.heifer.org
- A composter.
- A climbing rose for my garden, white or pink preferred.
- A lilac bush.
- An ice cream maker.
- Silly Disney Princess stuff, esp. Snow White
- Gift cards: Target, Meijer, Knollwood, Dutch Gardens, Lowe’s, zappos.com, discountdance.com, fabric.com, iTunes or other online music store
Just in case, you know, you wanted to know…